History of the Getty Villa
This film describes the history, collections, and setting of the Getty Villa.
Get to the Getty Villa via public transport! The Getty Villa is served by Metro Bus 534, which stops at Coastline Drive and Pacific Coast Highway directly across from the Getty Villa entrance.
To find the route that is best for you, call 323-GO-METRO (323-466-3876) or use the Trip Planner on www.metro.net, the Web site of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
(Please note that passengers riding the bus to visit the Getty Villa must have their Villa admission ticket hole-punched by the driver before exiting the bus.)
On-site parking is available for all ticket holders and is $15 per car or motorcycle, but $10 per car or motorcycle after 5:00 p.m. for all evening public programming, including theater, music, film, lectures, and other special programs held after 5:00 p.m.
Visitors to the Getty Villa are not permitted to park anywhere other than the Getty Villa as a condition of the Conditional Use Permit issued by the City of Los Angeles.
No pedestrians may enter the Villa except for ticket holders arriving by public transportation. Passengers must have their Villa admission ticket hole-punched by the driver before exiting the bus in order to enter the Villa.
Thanksgiving Day is here and if you still do not know what to serve for dinner here are some suggestions...
BUT WE HOPE THAT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU!
Many people are looking for ways to give a different twist to turkey. This meal suffers from a bad reputation because some people think it lacks flavor and is very juicy, but it doesn´t need to be so. We present some simple recipes that you might enjoy.
We recommend that instead of spraying the turkey with spices or liquids that you have prepared, is best to inject the turkey, it gives much better flavor that penetrates and expands around the turkey, instead of staying on the surface.
A little white wine and the same amount of apple juice, will give a different flavor to any recipe you tried
To determine the size of the turkey calculate 1/4 a pound of meat per person.
- To thaw place in the warmest part of the refrigerator. When you're in a hurry, you soak it in cold water, without unwrapping.
1) Roast Turkey
1 gallon cold water 1 1/2 cups coarse kosher salt without iodine 2/3 cup brown sugar 1 turkey 12 to 14 lbs 1 head garlic, crushed 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon salt (no iodine) 1/2 cup white wine 1/2 cup apple juice
1. Mix the salt and sugar to a gallon of water in a plastic container which fit the turkey submerged in the liquid. (Avoid using metal container)
2. After washing the turkey, soak it in the mixture and store in the fridge for 8 hours making sure it is completely submerged in the liquid.
3. Remove turkey mixture and rinse well with cool water and pat dry.
4. Combine garlic, oil, oregano, black pepper and salt in a mortar and pestle and cover the turkey well with this mixture. Cover tightly and leave in the refrigerator until the next day.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the turkey in a roasting container with breast side up and pour the wine and apple juice on top.
6. Cook three to three and half hours until the meat at the thickest area of the thigh reaches 175 degrees F.
2) PERFECT FILL
Prep: 15 min. Bake 3 h 15 min. Total: 3 h 30 min.
1 whole frozen turkey (10 lb / 4.5 kg), thawed
5 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery (celery), chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 pqtes. (6 oz each) turkey stuffing mix Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Turkey
3 cups hot water
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 º F (162 º C). DO NOT stuff the turkey until you're ready to roast. Remove the giblets and neck and rinse the turkey inside and out, pat dry with. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Separate.
2. COMBINE stuffing mix with hot water in a large bowl. Add onion mixture and stir.
3. STUFFED slightly neck cavity with stuffing mix, so leave room for it to expand.
4. Secure it with the tips of the wings, so that the skin of the neck does not move.
5. STUFFED body cavity lightly with stuffing. Turkey thighs back into position or attach them with kitchen twine. Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan. Melt remaining butter, add pepper. Brush the turkey skin with seasoned butter to keep the turkey from drying out.
6. cook the turkey Immediately upon completing its preparation for 3 1/4 hours or until internal temperature of thigh is 180 º F (82 º C), the breast 170 º F (77 º C) and the filling in the middle range 165 º F (73 º C) when measure it with a meat thermometer. Makes 12 servings.
3) This is a recipe for STUFFED TURKEY WITH WALNUTS
1 turkey of about 8 to 10 pounds 2 cups chopped nuts 2 scallions chopped ½ cup chopped celery 8 cups stale bread crumbs diced 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon cumin, rosemary and sage combined ½ cup margarine ½ cup of boiling water preparation mode.
Wash and dry the turkey, sprinkle with salt and pepper inside and out. In a large container add nuts, onions, celery, and bread crumbs.
Season with salt and spices. Boil the water.
Melt butter in boiling water and add the liquid to the other ingredients in the container or "bowl".
Fill in the turkey and put it in the oven at moderate temperature for three hours.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS?
As always all the turkey is completely consumed during dinner, with the leftover meat , the next day you can prepare turkey sandwiches a fricassee, pastas or salads. Even with bones you can give substance to a soup or broth.
Ingredients: 1kg pumpkin? ½ Kg of sugar? 1 cup chopped walnuts
It starts pumpkin into wedges, removing the seeds and fibers. Then placed in a pan and sprinkle sugar on top, letting it sit for four hours. After, cover and cook over low heat for one hour, adding hot water if pumpkin does not release enough liquid.