Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Thanksgiving Day is coming and if you still do not know what to serve for dinner here are some suggestions...
Many people are looking for ways to give a different twist to turkey. This meal suffers from a bad reputation because some people think it lacks flavor and is very juicy, but it doesn´t need to be so. We present some simple recipes that you might enjoy.
We recommend that instead of spraying the turkey with spices or liquids that you have prepared, is best to inject the turkey, it gives much better flavor that penetrates and expands around the turkey, instead of staying on the surface.
A little white wine and the same amount of apple juice, will give a different flavor to any recipe you tried
To determine the size of the turkey calculate 1/4 a pound of meat per person.
- To thaw place in the warmest part of the refrigerator. When you're in a hurry, you soak it in cold water, without unwrapping.
1) Roast Turkey
1 gallon cold water 1 1/2 cups coarse kosher salt without iodine 2/3 cup brown sugar 1 turkey 12 to 14 lbs 1 head garlic, crushed 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon salt (no iodine) 1/2 cup white wine 1/2 cup apple juice
1. Mix the salt and sugar to a gallon of water in a plastic container which fit the turkey submerged in the liquid. (Avoid using metal container)
2. After washing the turkey, soak it in the mixture and store in the fridge for 8 hours making sure it is completely submerged in the liquid.
3. Remove turkey mixture and rinse well with cool water and pat dry.
4. Combine garlic, oil, oregano, black pepper and salt in a mortar and pestle and cover the turkey well with this mixture. Cover tightly and leave in the refrigerator until the next day.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the turkey in a roasting container with breast side up and pour the wine and apple juice on top.
6. Cook three to three and half hours until the meat at the thickest area of the thigh reaches 175 degrees F.
2) PERFECT FILL
Prep: 15 min. Bake 3 h 15 min. Total: 3 h 30 min.
- 1 whole frozen turkey (10 lb / 4.5 kg), thawed
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery (celery), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pqtes. (6 oz each) turkey stuffing mix Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Turkey
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 º F (162 º C). DO NOT stuff the turkey until you're ready to roast. Remove the giblets and neck and rinse the turkey inside and out, pat dry with. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Separate.
2. COMBINE stuffing mix with hot water in a large bowl. Add onion mixture and stir.
3. STUFFED slightly neck cavity with stuffing mix, so leave room for it to expand.
4. Secure it with the tips of the wings, so that the skin of the neck does not move.
5. STUFFED body cavity lightly with stuffing. Turkey thighs back into position or attach them with kitchen twine. Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan. Melt remaining butter, add pepper. Brush the turkey skin with seasoned butter to keep the turkey from drying out.
6. cook the turkey Immediately upon completing its preparation for 3 1/4 hours or until internal temperature of thigh is 180 º F (82 º C), the breast 170 º F (77 º C) and the filling in the middle range 165 º F (73 º C) when measure it with a meat thermometer. Makes 12 servings.
3) This is a recipe for STUFFED TURKEY WITH WALNUTS
1 turkey of about 8 to 10 pounds 2 cups chopped nuts 2 scallions chopped ½ cup chopped celery 8 cups stale bread crumbs diced 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon cumin, rosemary and sage combined ½ cup margarine ½ cup of boiling water preparation mode.
Wash and dry the turkey, sprinkle with salt and pepper inside and out. In a large container add nuts, onions, celery, and bread crumbs.
Season with salt and spices. Boil the water.
Melt butter in boiling water and add the liquid to the other ingredients in the container or "bowl".
Fill in the turkey and put it in the oven at moderate temperature for three hours.
As always all the turkey is completely consumed during dinner, with the leftover meat , the next day you can prepare turkey sandwiches a fricassee, pastas or salads. Even with bones you can give substance to a soup or broth.
Ingredients: 1kg pumpkin? ½ Kg of sugar? 1 cup chopped walnuts
It starts pumpkin into wedges, removing the seeds and fibers. Then placed in a pan and sprinkle sugar on top, letting it sit for four hours. After, cover and cook over low heat for one hour, adding hot water if pumpkin does not release enough liquid.
Serve cold, with walnuts sprinkled on top.
|PULSE AQUÍ PARA ESCUCHAR EL SHOW DE TONY FRANCO|
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Fifty seven years have passed since one of my favorite presidents was killed. On November 22, 1963, the entire world was shocked by the news that John F. Kennedy, President of the United States, had been assassinated. And even though many have tried to convince us, that his killer Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, most of us still believe the contrary...
Historian Robert Dallek once said “People cannot believe someone as inconsequential as Oswald could kill someone as consequential as an American president,” author of An Unfinished Life, a 2003 JFK biography.
His famous words as he addressed the nation will never be forgotten by those who admired him "SEEK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, AS WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY..."
Today, the question still remains...Why has the government and the CIA postponed the date to make ALL the documents linked to the case public?
According to the United States Government, these documents "WOULD be made public in October 2017. But even though president Trump released most of them, by petition of the CIA about 200 pages that were the nucleus of files were not released. The CIA claim that some might be too sensitive to be exposed...By the time most of these documents became available to the public (2017) many people would probably not remember who John F. Kennedy was, or will just recognized him as the assassinated president in the sixties and nothing more, but most of the people who remembered him and were interested to know who killed their beloved president, are dead now...
|PRESIDENT KENNEDY (back of the car) WITH HIS WIFE MOMENTS BEFORE BEING FATALLY SHOT|
Don Adams, a retired FBI agent whose career as an FBI agent spanned 22 years, never really bought the official line of his own employer: that Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, assassinated President John F. Kennedy.
Adams, who died on June 14 at age 83 in Akron, Ohio, eventually wrote From an Office Building with a High-Powered Rifle (Trine Day, 2012), in which he argued that “the FBI’s investigation was compromised from the top down, beginning with FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover.” He made this revelation about John F. Kennedy assassination:
I will share vídeos with different opinions, theories and some facts about Kennedy´s death and YOU WILL DECIDE if President Kennedy´s assassination was a conspiracy or not...
Top 10 Reasons To Believe There Was A Conspiracy To Assassinate JFK
In an essay for The Washington Post, prolific novelist Joyce Carol Oates opines that the real problem in the aftermath of the assassination of President Kennedy was not the government’s implausible and mendacious account of the crime but the confused and outraged response of the American majority that could not–and does not–believe it.
What do you think...?
WE INVITE YOU TO SEE MORE ARTICLES AND NEWS ABOUT JOHN F. KENNEDY HERE FACTS ON JOHN F. KENNEDY
By Tony Franco Whitney Elizabeth Houston (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012) was an American singer, actress, producer, and model. Ho...
Compiled by Mary Alize Velázquez and Tony Franco In March 31, of 1995 the entire world was blown away by the tragic news...
El NotiCoto Digital Magazine covers sports, news, music and entertainment in both Spanish and English versions. We have thousands of reader...
Fifty seven years have passed since one of my favorite presidents was killed. On November 22, 1963, the entire world was sh...